I’m Luke Chao and I’m the founder of The Morpheus Clinic for Hypnosis. Starting from the day I used self-hypnosis to overcome a debilitating fear of public speaking, I’ve become a passionate advocate of hypnosis—despite a scientific upbringing and an initial skepticism of the process.
Today, I’m a Consulting Hypnotist and Certified Instructor for the National Guild of Hypnotists, as well as a Certified 5-PATH® Hypnotherapist. I’m a graduate of the University of Toronto, where I majored in English literature and minored in biology and semiotics.
At Morpheus, I see most of our clients, teach all of the classes, and produce most of our YouTube content. My approach to hypnotherapy can be described as direct, rational and solution-focused.
To learn more about my perspectives on hypnosis, please read my answers on Quora or subscribe to my podcast, The Hypnosis Nerd (available on iTunes, Spotify and Google Podcasts, or our YouTube channel). I occasionally appear on traditional media as well, and I am happy to participate in media interviews.
Luke’s Quality Pledge
If we work together, absolutely guarantee that:
- I will take your results extremely seriously. I will do everything in our power to create a noticeable change in how you think, feel or act in your first session (deeper or lasting results usually take more than one session).
- I will completely personalize your sessions for you. That means no pre-recorded CDs and no scripts, except for standardized procedures like inductions. My work is driven by insights into your unique problem.
- I will respect your time. Your session will start and finish within five minutes of the scheduled time. On average, you will experience 45–50 minutes of hypnosis in a one-hour session. As a result, most issues can be resolved in three to five sessions (less for smoking cessation).
- I will use only experience-based, empirical methods. I will never make hypnosis seem more mysterious than it is.
- I will assess your needs before I accept you as a client. Based on a written intake, I will offer you a frank assessment so that you can make an informed decision before proceeding with hypnotherapy.
- I believe in complete client satisfaction. Backing that stance is the most generous refund policy in the industry. In our thirteen years of operation, we have never denied a refund to any client, for any reason.