A few common issues that hypnosis can help your child overcome include:
- Stress and anxiety
- Hair pulling (trichotillomania), nail biting, thumb sucking, and other unwanted habits
- Nightmares and difficulty sleeping
- Picky eating and food aversions
- Sports performance enhancement
Children (above the age of six) tend to be affected by hypnotic suggestion far more easily than adults since they respond very well to stories and metaphors and generally have quite vivid imaginations. This means that we are able to get faster results since we can get to the root of the problem more quickly.
Additionally, teaching children self-hypnosis is an effective means of treatment as it is a skill that he/she will be able to practice throughout their life, helping them cope with various stressors that arise in their environment. Over time, self-hypnosis can help your child build confidence and manage unwanted symptoms.
For our youngest clients, we begin with a free 30-minute consultation that lets you and your child meet with us, have his or her hypnotizability assessed and have your questions answered. For scheduling, please call the office at 416-556-4068 and ask to book with Keirsten Caird, or complete the form below.
Book a Free Initial Consultation with Keirsten
Privacy Notice: We will only contact you for reasons related to your request. Your information will not be shared with third parties. This is a secure, SSL-encrypted form.
* Our hypnosis services are not medical care, psychotherapy or psychological advice. Best-case results described on this site, including testimonials, represent the outcome of an ideal client. Your results might be different, and will depend on your hypnotic suggestibility, motivation to change, past history, and many other factors that are not in our control.