You tell yourself, I’ll start tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day you’ll begin a strict diet and daily workouts to fit into those flirty summer dresses, or build six-pack abs to impress at the beach.
But tomorrow turns into the day after as you indulge in a bag of chips or a chocolate bar. The day after turns into a week later as you avoid working out because you’re feeling too tired. Before you know it the summer has gone by, and you’ve stayed exactly where you started – or perhaps gained more weight.
If you think it only happens to you, think again. You are not alone. Millions of men and women diet, lose weight, and gain it all back again later. Millions set unrealistic weight loss goals or go on miracle fad diets, only to abandon them after a few days. These people think the same thing you’re thinking: I want to lose weight, but I can’t.
They blame the same things you blame: no self-control, stress, fatigue and zero willpower. Unfortunately, this all adds up to just one thing: excuses. Excuses happen when you let your mind control you with self-defeating thoughts. The key to losing weight and keeping it off is not just a change of conduct, but a change of mindset.
It’s time to take control of your body. But first let’s face some facts:
- Diet and exercise never works — if you hate doing it.
- If you have lost weight, you won’t keep it off — unless you commit to a healthy lifestyle.
Learning to love exercise and committing to a healthy lifestyle may not sound like an easy way to lose weight, but with hypnosis, it is. Hypnosis helps you change those self-defeating, out-of-control feelings into a positive mindset that leads to sustainable weight loss.*
Hypnosis: A Weight Loss Secret We Can’t Wait to Share
You can lose weight in many ways, but success always comes down to eating fewer calories than your body needs until you reach your desired weight. Using hypnosis, you can learn to achieve a caloric deficit in several ways:
First, we help you love and appreciate your body. Many people view their body as an adversary. However, it’s only doing the job it’s supposed to do when it stores excess fat—hundreds of years ago, it would have saved your life during times of starvation. When you truly and deeply appreciate your body, you will want to take better care of it.
Second, we work with emotional eating. Many people associate food with love or comfort, an association that often goes back to childhood. However, what was appropriate for a growing child might not be appropriate for a full-grown adult. Using hypnosis, we help you break this connection and develop healthier ways to de-stress.
Mindful eating is often a component of our weight loss program. Many people eat thoughtlessly, whether it’s between meetings or in front of your television. But if you ate at a gourmet restaurant, you would never just scarf down the food—you would take the time to eat every bite slowly and carefully. Approaching every meal like a gourmet meal allows you to value fresh, high-quality food, and to be satisfied with smaller portions.
Of course, it’s always important to consume healthy food in healthy portions. We’ll look at snacking, eating as a reward and binge eating. Aversion methods might be used for specific foods like candy bars or potato chips, but only if you’re willing to give up those foods for life.
Finally, we can incorporate motivation to exercise. For most people it’s easier to eat less food than to burn off excessive calories, but exercise has many benefits beyond weight loss. For those with the time and energy to exercise, it’s an important part of a weight loss program.
A Comprehensive Program That Tackles Weight Loss from Multiple Angles
In countless independent studies around the world, hypnosis has been consistently proven to be an effective form of treatment for habit control, especially when there are emotions driving behind those habits.
Here at The Morpheus Clinic for Hypnosis, we are committed to helping you achieve tangible, real-world results. Because of this, our unique approach to weight loss is multi-pronged. By tackling the issue from every angle you can be sure that your success will be holistic and comprehensive.
Is Hypnosis Right for You? If You’re Serious About Weight Loss, Take the Next Step Forward
It’s time to take back control of your body and your life! The next step is to call us at 416-556-4068 to schedule a free initial consultation at our office in downtown Toronto. This complimentary one-hour visit allows you to:
- Get the information that you need about how hypnosis works, what makes us different, and how we’re able to help you.
- Do a standardized suggestibility assessment, so that we can objectively predict how well hypnosis will work for you.
- Talk to us about your specific case.
- Optionally experience a short hypnosis session, in our hypnosis chair, so that you can experience relaxation benefits immediately.
- Book a session with one of our practitioners while you’re here, or request a written treatment plan with a fee estimate.
- Take home a copy of The Skeptic’s Guide to Hypnosis, written by Luke Chao, founder of this centre. It’s a short read that describes his unique perspectives on hypnosis, 15 years after receiving certification.
If you have a hard time coming into downtown Toronto, completing our online consultation and requesting a custom treatment plan is the best way to start. Otherwise, complete the form below and we’ll get back to you with our next availabilities:
* Our hypnosis services are not medical care, psychotherapy or psychological advice. Best-case results described on this site, including testimonials, represent the outcome of an ideal client. Your results might be different, and will depend on your hypnotic suggestibility, motivation to change, past history, and many other factors that are not in our control.